LilyPond.app
Kilian Sprotte
2007-01-13 13:32:55 UTC

first of all a question: Is anyone currently using LilyPond.app
successfully with fomus? Which version?

I just installed LilyPond.app 2.10, which fomus currently does not
find.

The solution seems to set *lilypond-exe* to
"/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond",
which I tried to achieve by changing (find-exe "lilypond.sh"
"LilyPond.app")
to (find-exe "lilypond" "LilyPond.app"), but this unfortunately does not
work, because it finds "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/MacOS/
lilypond"
instead (which belongs to the GUI app, I suppose).

Since I dont know, how I can achieve this with find-exe, I did
not commit anything, yet...

(checked this on openmcl and sbcl, by the way)

Greetings,
Kilian
Rick Taube
2007-01-13 13:56:12 UTC
We have it working, but "Successfully" is a bit of a stretch. In our
networked lab setting, Lilypond is very very slow (30+ seconds to
typeset the basic example) unless you sudo to run it. We have a
script in /usr/local/bin/ that launches lilypond (I believe that an
earlier version of lilypond installed this) and fomus calls this
script without problems. The slowness we experience has nothing to do
with fomus or the script, it happens when any user double-clicks the
basic example

--rick
Hi,
David Psenicka
2007-01-13 19:48:02 UTC
Thanks, the last dev. commit should fix it :)
I just installed LilyPond.app 2.10, which fomus currently does not find.
David Psenicka
2007-01-13 19:58:23 UTC
I think it should work fine if you set *lilypond-exe* to "/.../.../open"
(wherever it is) and *lilypond-opts* to
'("/.../.../.../LilyPond.app")... I seem to remember trying it out a
long time ago and it launched the GUI without any problem
Hi,