:textnote relative to measure position in finale via xml
rob canning
2007-04-03 14:30:15 UTC
hi

again this may be the fault of music xml rather than fomus but FYI:

:textnote marks when imported into finale via xml are relative to
measure position rather than attached to the note (as an articulation
would be) - so once you start doing things like inserting bars, the text
markings get out of alignment with the note heads

cheers

rob
rob canning
2007-04-03 15:58:52 UTC
Post by rob canning
hi
:textnote marks when imported into finale via xml are relative to
measure position rather than attached to the note (as an articulation
would be) - so once you start doing things like inserting bars, the
text markings get out of alignment with the note heads
cheers
rob
is there any way i can attach numbers to notes so they will stay
associated with the notes after xml import into finale?

thanks

rob
David Psenicka
2007-04-03 23:56:48 UTC
There doesn't seem to be a way of doing that--text notes have to be put
into "directions" in MusicXML, at least this is what I gather from
looking at the DTD and exporting files with Dolet.

I think the best solution for importing into Finale will be to just
create a plugin--I haven't looked into or dealt with ECL yet, but I
should be able to create a Finale plugin which can read a .fms file, do
all of the fomus processing on it, then create Finale objects directly.
Once I have enough time (mid-May probably) I'll try this.
Post by rob canning
hi
rob
Kilian Sprotte
2007-04-04 09:34:54 UTC
Post by David Psenicka
I think the best solution for importing into Finale will be to just
create a plugin--I haven't looked into or dealt with ECL yet, but I
should be able to create a Finale plugin which can read a .fms
file, do all of the fomus processing on it, then create Finale
objects directly. Once I have enough time (mid-May probably) I'll
try this.
Hi David,

that's an extremely cool idea!! Let me know when you get to this, I
am very curious in general about interfacing LISP with other systems.
I could give it a try to at least have fomus running with ECL.

Cheers,
Kilian